Friday, March 20, 2009

New opportunity

It is with sincere regret and sadness that I tendered my resignation to the library board on Monday, March 16th. My last day at Wilmington PLD will be May 12, 2009.

I have made many friends during my tenure at WPLD! I will miss my wonderful staff and patrons. I will also miss my Rotary and Chamber colleagues.

I would like to thank the Friends of the Wilmington Library for all that they do for our libary. This dedicated group of individuals recently donated over $3000 to the library for the purchase of new materials and tables for our meeting room. I would like to encourage everyone to consider joining the Friends group. They meet the second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 in the library's community room.

I will always value the time spent at the library in my community! We have made a lot of changes in 8 years. I look forward to working with the new director as a colleague and as a patron, as I will still be living in Wilmington.

The Board of Trustees will begin the search for a new director right away. I hope that you will welcome and support the new director as much as I was welcomed and supported!

I will start my new job as Executive Director of the Three Rivers Library District in Channahon/Minooka on May 18th. Feel free to drop in and see me there.

Thank you for being such a wonderful community of library supporters!

No comments: